Saturday, July 17, 2010

Big Sand Dunes at Yuma


Before we actually got to San Diego, we stopped outside Yuma to see the sand dunes there. The temperature there was about 115 degrees and the dunes are pretty big. A few movies have been filmed here.


When I (Theodore) got out of the car to walk up the dunes, I only had on flip-flops. My brother and I started to walk up the nearest dune, and we discovered that the sand was really hot. Really really hot. It was actually pretty painful, so Nathaniel and I decided to go back and get shoes.



2 comments:

  1. Those are incredible dunes - you all look like you're in the desert.
    What a trip. You've literally gone from sea to shining sea by two means of transportation - not bad for 10 days. What's the route for the return trip. Does the Skamper swim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sand dunes look so great, but I couldn't take that heat. Looks like you are having a great adventure. Marj

    ReplyDelete