Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 3


Today, we went to the National World War II Museum in New Orleans, wandered around the city, saw the Cathedral of St. Louis, and visited the battlefield of the battle of New Orleans. We were also going to go to Fort Pike, but it was closed because of the oil spill. In New Orleans, we got a parking ticket, even though we had three minutes left in the meter. This was probably because we straddled two parking places.




This is Theodore and me(Nathaniel) standing in front of a m4 Sherman tank.





Theodore likes Hurricanes, but I do not.






This is Theodore and me sitting oustide the camper.
_
Quote of the day:
"This is a place where you can go to the Cathedral of St. Louis, say a prayer, and then go get a Hurricane and listen to jazz. Welcome to New Orleans, boys!" -Dad

5 comments:

  1. I can see where I will become dependent upon the quote of the day as much as reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the hats you boys are wearing in front of the cathedral - they look like little steeples! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, isn't that Nathaniel holding the Hurricane? And why is he holding it if he doesn't like them? And disregard my first comment - I never finished it and hit the "post" button by mistake. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. and to follow Howard's quote of the day - Laissez les bon temps rouler. That was Karen's quote for everyday when she and I visited in 1991 or 1992 - Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I can officially post comments here rather than typing forever and seeing them disappear into the blogosphere, I love following along on the trip and all the postings are terrific. I'm lucky to be associated with such a literate group. I won't comment on the Dinty Moore other than to say it must be a guy thing. Travel safely and I'll be checking on you all everyday - O

    ReplyDelete