Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Planning and Packing

Reporting from Sullivan's Island, SC, this is Maryrose Stone bringing you the news of our pre-trip planning and packing. Mom and I went to Sam's Club this morning to get what the boys wanted to eat in the car which consisted of Chef Boyardee ravioli and Dinty Moore beef stew. Oh and we can't forget the V8. Ick. And for me? Tuna. To those of you who don't know, I am a pesketarian (a vegetarian who eats fish) who will eat chicken depending on how it is prepared. But lately I have been surviving on tuna salad, pasta, and rice.

So we have our little pop up camper which the boys and Dad will be driving off with tomorrow (yes!). Mom says that she will be up until midnight or later packing. Mom and yours truly will be departing on Sunday night, taking the more luxurious form of transportation, the train. And yes, we will have a sleeper car. We will stop off in Washington DC and Chicago before meeting up with the men folk in New Mexico. 3 days on a train... Fun right?

And what are we doing with our precious animals while we are away? This guy, Kevin, will be staying at our house to take care of our 2 dogs, 4 cats, and, of course, our sweet guinea pig Zoe (pronounced Zoey). He will probably decide a week into caretaking that the job is too hard for him and he will be retiring from it as it is too intensive.

This was Maryrose Stone reporting from Sullivans Island, SC.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to have someone come to your house and stay with your pets?!! That is the only way I do it now...I'm so lucky to have friends that love my guys and enjoy housesitting and taking care of my "boys"....It just takes such a worry off of my shoulders and I can enjoy my trip with a comfortable mind where my animals are concerned!!

    ReplyDelete